A Picture an Hour

Monday was my first day alone with my TWO sweet kiddos! I knew I wanted to document it and what better way than taking a picture every hour on the hour and linking up here.

5:00 AM:
Unfortunately I'm spending more time with this pump than I'd like to! The good news is that my freezer stash is already pretty awesome!

6:00 AM:
By this time Adelyn is fed and Emerson is still sound asleep so I spend some time on the computer. I catch up on some blog posts and do some other random stuff.

7:00 AM:
Little miss is hungry again so it's time for a bottle of pumped milk.

8:00 AM:
Emerson is up and dressed for the day. She heads straight over the swing to check on baby sister.

9:00 AM:
We have a little bit of TV time.  I snuggle baby girl while my big girl lounges on the floor.

10:00 AM:
The girls are dressed and ready to go. While I get ready they watch Frozen songs on You Tube.

11:00 AM:
We successfully made it to the grocery store but just barely! Adelyn peed all over the place while I was changing her diaper and Emerson barely made it to the potty so both of them needed clothing changes (just undies for E, thank goodness!) I'm probably crazy for attempting grocery shopping on my first day alone but it went surprisingly well. Adelyn slept in the Boba the whole time and E was on her best behavior.

12:00 PM:
Time for my least favorite part of grocery shopping! I loathe carrying everything up the stairs and unloading it.

 1:00 PM:
We're all fed and it's nap time for E. I get her tucked in with her doggy and she's ready to rest.

2:00 PM:
After throwing in a load of laundry and tidying up, I sit down to snuggle Adelyn and catch up on blogs.

3:00 PM:
 More cuddle time! I just can't put her down!

4:00 PM:
Emerson, Adelyn and I go on a walk. I'm still not cleared to exercise so I've been easing back into it by walking each day. The weather was gorgeous and the view can't be beat.

5:00 PM:
Jesse made it home so we all head to the playground. There are a bunch of bigger kids there and Emerson spends a lot of the time just watching them.

6:00 PM:
Someone is a bit fussy so I hold her while also trying to get dinner together. Luckily one of my MOPS friends brought us dinner on Sunday night and there was enough for leftovers. All I have to do is heat everything up! Yay for easy dinners!

7:00 PM:
I head upstairs to take a shower and Jesse gets Emerson started on her bath. I used to always take showers in the morning but I've learned that getting them done at night makes getting ready in the morning so much easier!

8:00 PM:
Our big girl is freshly bathed and ready for bed. We bring Adelyn for some big sister cuddles before reading books and tucking her in.

9:00 PM:
After another feeding and pumping session, little miss is ready for bed and so is momma! Jesse and I hang out for a little while before heading up to bed. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep the minute by head hit the pillow.

I was pretty excited that we survived the day without any major catastrophes. Adelyn definitely had her fussy moments and it took me longer to get ready for the day than I expected it to, but overall it was a really good day. I know we will have to work all the kinks out and figure out a schedule that works for all of us but for now we are just going with the flow!
Stephanie said...

This will be a fun post for you to look back on. Sounds like you rocked your first day home alone!!

Meg O. said...

I can't even imagine what that adjustment is like but you definitely are doing AWESOME with your two babies. Really awesome! Looks like a successful day!! Thanks for linking up with us. Those two girls are just beautiful!

BeckyJo606 said...

You are such a rockstar with two babies!! I swear I am sometimes not as with it with only one :)

Paula Lynch said...

Knew you could do it. The girls are so sweet listening to the frozen songs.

-Lauren said...

I am tired just reading that. You are brave venturing out to the grocery store with both babies! Supermomma!

Sarah said...

I spy my blog!

What a day! This totally helps me get an idea of what life with 2 kids would be like. Busy and tiring but I want it so badly!

Mandy said...

Way to go momma!! Sounds like your first day alone with the girls was a big success!! How is the nursing going? Any better? She is the tiniest thing I have ever seen! Such precious girls!!

Lyndsey said...

High five! Awesome first day alone! Pumping is the one newborn thing that is just as bad as I remembered it to be, haha. Sorry you have to be so attached to it right now :( Is A having latch issues?

Rachel and John said...

Way to go Lady! You've got this 2 kids thing down!

ajs {of MN} said...

whoop whoop! high five! all this AND remembering to take a pic each hour! :)

© Wherever We're Together. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.